Wednesday, 18 June 2014 from 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM
Woollahra, NSW | Holdsworth Community Centre
- Do you sometimes find it hard to set clear boundaries with your children?
- Do you equate setting limits with getting cross & shouty?(!)
- Have you ever used play in managing your children’s behaviour?
In this practical and insightful seminar, Helena will:
- Explore what affects children’s need to think well & regulate their behaviour
- Explain why children sometimes do things that seem to deliberately annoy us
- Understand how to help children de-stress, cooperate and think well
- Outline key strategies for setting limits clearly, respectfully and even playfully
- Provide practical tools & tips for you to take away & easily use at home
Suitable for parents of babies to 8 year olds. Babes in Arms welcome.
Feedback for Helena
“Helena was fantastic, very warm, honest and open.” (Sophie, Manly)
“Fantastic practical advice. Helena was very understanding of all the different situations and gave a wonderful insight into how children think & behave” (Camilla, Annandale)
Helena is a Certified Aware Parenting Instructor and a Parenting by Connection Instructor with Hand in Hand Parenting. She is the founder of Birth & Parenting, a Doula and mum to a 5 year old daughter with whom she has been practising this approach for 5 years.